Emergency Jobs to Restore the American Dream Act
- Creates over 2 million jobs within two years to address the real crisis facing America: the jobs crisis.
- Emergency jobs will meet critical needs to make American communities stronger.
- Costs $227 billion ($113.5 billion for each of fiscal years 2012 and 2013).
- Fully paid for through separate legislation that creates higher tax brackets for millionaires and billionaires, eliminates subsidies for Big Oil, and loopholes for corporations that ship American jobs overseas.
The Corps: 2.2 Million Jobs
1. School Improvement Corps – Creates 400,000 construction and 250,000 maintenance jobs to fix American schools.
2. Park Improvement Corps – 100,000 jobs for youth between the ages of 16 and 25, to improve our nation’s parks.
3. Student Job Corps – 250,000 part-time, work study jobs for eligible college students.
4. Neighborhood Heroes Corps – 300,000 teachers, 40,000 police officers, 12,000 firefighters.
5. Health Corps – 40,000 health care providers, including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and health care workers.
6. Community Corps – 750,000 jobs to do needed work in our communities, including energy audits and conservation upgrades, urban land re-clamation and addressing blight, public property maintenance and beautification, housing rehabilitation, and new construction.
7. Child Care Corps – 100,000 jobs in early childhood care and education.